When looking at EHR vendors, it might seem daunting to try to find the perfect solution for your behavioral health practice. But asking the right questions can help you narrow down your requirements and evaluate EHR vendors on an apples-to-apples basis.
Ideally you want an EHR vendor who can help you address your immediate concerns and one who will help your practice grow and expand into new service offerings in the future.
To get started, choose team members from all areas of your practice—administrative, clinicians, billing, IT, and executives—to generate a well-rounded discussion of the following questions:
- What challenges do we currently face that may be addressed by an EHR platform?
- What needs aren’t currently being met that could be achieved with an EHR?
- What haven’t we considered an EHR could do for our clients and our practice that would make a difference?
- Why haven’t we adopted an EHR before now?
- How can a new EHR system help us get beyond our inefficiencies that are crushing our productivity and staff morale?
- How can we make a business case to move to a fully integrated behavioral health EHR solution?
To help you make your case, Remarkable Health put together an interesting infographic that points out some unexpected statistics about what you can expect in terms of ROI when you implement a behavioral health EHR solution.