EHR system implementation can result in several advantages to both client care and your business initiatives. In addition to broader benefits like complying with HITECH mandates on electronic protected health information, an EHR system implementation can increase your operating efficiency, both on the clinician side and the administrative. This could result in a substantial cost-savings that may help you recoup some of the costs of an EHR system.
Beyond the efficiencies and cost-savings, here are the top 9 reasons, in no particular order, why you should consider implementing and EHR system for your behavioral health agency:
- Alerts for potential medication error. An EHR system implementation can help you mitigate the risks of prescribing medication that might conflict with other medications clients are on or a known allergic ingredient.
- Reminder to schedule a patient appointment. Reminders to schedule patient appointments keep treatment plans on track and help clients stay committed to their plans and keeping appointments.
- Reduce duplications. Clinicians sometimes make notes on paper at the office and end up entering information later that evening at home in another system. This duplication of effort and information costs clinicians valuable time that could be better spent in front of clients.
- Move to an integrated system. If you have multiple disparate systems that don’t talk to each other, you can imagine the convenience and efficiency of having one integrated EHR system that covers everything your practice needs to provide client care and manage the business side.
- Centralized client data. Another benefit of EHR system implementation is having all of your client data centralized in one system. This mitigates the risk of information being lost in transport from one system to another or from one department to another. It also helps reduce clerical errors and billing code errors, and provides alerts when something is missing (e.g, missing signature or missed appointment).
- Improved accounts receivable and collections. Billings and collections are automated in an integrated EHR system. Implementation gives you the benefit of billings sent out automatically after a clinician performs a service or treatment, and collections tracking allows you to stay on top of revenue management cycle.
- Improved agency cash flow. You can better manage your cash flow by reducing denied claims and managing your billing and collection process automatically. This helps you reduce the time to payment, further improving your agency’s cash flow.
- Improved reporting tools. If you struggle with running reports of key metrics or for federal or state reporting purposes, an EHR system implementation provides several standard reports covering common metrics and the ability to customize queries to pull the information you need.
- Enhanced overall client care. Every benefit above can translate into enhanced overall client care. When you save time and money and remove the administrative barriers for clinicians, they can service more clients. Your agency might even be able to institute additional programs to help clients with more treatments.
If these advantages of EHR system implementation peak your interest, schedule a demonstration of Remarkable Health’s CT|One, a fully integrated EHR platform designed specifically for behavioral health agencies. You’ll see immediately what sets CT|One apart from all other EHR systems.